Ramos Immigration Law - Abogado de inmigración
Call now to schedule a consultation to discuss your case
Menu Contact
View Our Practice Areas

Posts tagged "family immigration"

An additional 30,000 foreign workers to be granted H-2B visas

Employers in California and around the country are likely pleased to see the economy booming. However, finding workers to fill low-skilled jobs is becoming increasingly difficult. President Trump has repeatedly said that even legal immigration is a threat to American jobs, but pleas from the business sector and the lowest unemployment level in decades seems to have prompted him to soften his position on the issue. According to media reports, Trump is planning to allow U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to issue an additional 30,000 H-2B visas to foreign seasonal workers.

USCIS vows to scrutinize child marriage petitions more closely

An Associated Press report released in January revealed that more than 5,000 adults in California and around the country have submitted immigration petitions on behalf of spouses under the age of 18. The report, which was based on figures from the Department of Homeland Security, also revealed that 3,000 minors in the United States have petitioned to have adult spouses or fiancées admitted into the United States.

Marriage-based immigration document preparation

One way for immigrants to gain citizenship after entry into the U.S. is to become married to a United States citizen in Colorado or any other state. However, the immigration process can still be quite difficult to navigate. That's why many people seek the advice of an immigration attorney for assistance with the process of obtaining a green card.

U.S. could stop granting asylum to domestic violence victims

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is currently considering whether domestic violence victims from foreign countries should qualify for asylum in the United States. His decision could impact the cases of thousands of immigrants in California and across the country.

Will climate change lead to a new definition of refugees?

Under international law, a person may claim refugee status is they are escaping a war zone in their home country or if they would face persecution (based on religion, race, political affiliation etc.) by returning to their home country. The United States follows the same guidelines in determining refugee status eligibility. But what does this mean for people displaced by climate change?

Love without borders

If you hold a green card, chances are you still have connections in your home country. You may have left behind parents, siblings, old friends and schoolmates with whom you keep in regular contact. However, if you are missing that one special person, you may have decided the time is right to get married and start your life together here in the United States. There is probably no reason to rush the wedding date since obtaining a green card for a potential spouse can be a very long, complicated process.

Should you apply for a K-1 fiancé(e) visa or marriage-based Visa?

When you're in love with a non-U.S. citizen, you have options for bringing them to the U.S. The fiancé(e) visa is a well-known option, but you can also consider marrying first then obtaining a marriage visa. Explore the pros and cons of each to decide what's right for you and your fiancé(e).

Bringing a family member to the USA: 5 Things to consider

Bringing a loved one to join you in the U.S. as a citizen or permanent resident is not always an easy task. A family immigration attorney can help you navigate the often confusing application process. Be prepared to discuss and document the following criteria.

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.

Back To Top