Ramos Immigration Law - Abogado de inmigración
Call now to schedule a consultation to discuss your case
Menu Contact
View Our Practice Areas

February 2016 Archives

If you wish to study in the U.S., you may need a student visa

According to the latest research from U.S. World and News Report, eight of the top 10 universities in the world are located in the United States. The quality of many public and private American universities is unquestionable. It is therefore of little wonder that many individuals who are not U.S. citizens wish to study in the United States. Many universities welcome and even seek out promising foreign students. It is important for any prospective non-American students to understand however, that U.S. laws require students to obtain certain legal documentation before they may study in the United States.

Victims of violence: You may qualify for a U visa

If you have suffered physical or mental abuse as a result of certain crimes either committed in the U.S. or crimes that violate U.S. laws, you may be eligible for a U visa. A U visa will allow you to remain in the United States as a "nonimmigrant." If you qualify for this visa and spend three continuous years in the U.S. after receiving it, you may be able to petition for status as a lawful permanent resident.

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.

Back To Top